4.02.2010

8 Best Beginner's Guides to Twitter

With over 75 million users, there's a lot of talk about Twitter. Using the site, however, can be mind-boggling. In my line of work, a lot of people ask me the following questions:

"How do I tweet?"
"What should I do to get more Twitter followers?"
"I want to use Twitter to attract more customers to my business, but how do I do it?"
"What's the big deal about Twitter anyways!?"

I explain that there's a lot of technique involved in building a loyal following and/or not waste your marketing dollar$. Fortunately, plenty of websites and social media gurus have generated quality content to help you to use 140 characters like a pro.

I may write my own "Tweeting 101" article someday, but why re-invent the wheel? Here's my list of the 8 best beginner's guides to Twitter:

1. 33 Reasons to Use Twitter - Search Engine People
First things first: why should you tweet?

2. 10 Easy Steps for Twitter Beginners - Twitip
A solid overview of basic Twitter functions and best practices.

3. The Twitter Guide Book - Mashable
Now that you've scratched the surface with the aforementioned guides, read this thorough compilation of articles from the authority on social media, Mashable.

4. 47 Power Users' Secrets to Getting Many Followers - JobMob
My favorite article about Twitter best practices. Refine your tweeting skills with invaluable tips and tricks from some of the most popular Twitter users.

5. How to Use Twitter to Grow Your Business - CopyBlogger
Tweet to target new customers, manage your brand, gather market research, and more. In fact, 79% of global companies use social media, with Twitter being the platform of choice (read details).

6. 8 Easy Ways to Network on Twitter - Social Media Examiner
Excellent insights for cultivating business relationships as you tweet.

7. How Social Media Can Hurt Your Career - CNN
Time-tested ways to get fired in 140 characters or less.

8. Twitter To Find A Job - Forbes
Just as you can lose a job due to unprofessional tweets, you can tweet your way to a new one!

Now, use your newfound knowledge to follow and tweet me: @courtneyparham

Post a comment below to voice your opinion. If you're a Twitter beginner, was this list helpful to you? If you're an experienced tweeter, what tips would you give to someone who's new to it? What links do you think should be included on this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment